Philosophy & Mission
– Ricardo Alvarez
– Hermes Chacón
– Victor R. Silva
Hermes Chacon, P.G. Project Manager
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus, B.S. in Geology, Minor in Biology, emphasizing chemical and biological environmental pollution.
- Geochemistry, Geological Engineering and Psychology. University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- Responsible for coordination and management of environmental regulatory compliance projects, including hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste management, hydrogeological site investigations, site characterizations with soil and groundwater sampling and underground storage tanks remediation.
- Preparation and revision of technical specifications for site assessments, groundwater monitoring systems, and remediation procedures at landfill facilities as well as RCRA sites.
- Responsible for project management and performance of combine engineering and environmental compliance projects for non-hazardous solid waste landfill facilities in Puerto Rico.
- Preparation of Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessment, feasibility and siting studies for pharmaceutical facilities, petrochemical refineries, fuel pipelines delivery systems and power industries in Puerto Rico.
- Field operations management for on site hazardous waste characterization projects.
- Field characterization of waste streams, waste inventory and sampling in Level B.
- Hazardous waste site assessments and Health and Safety plans for RCRA sites in Puerto Rico.
- Underground storage tanks contamination assessment projects and remedial action plans in Puerto Rico and USA.
- Overview of construction activities for non-hazardous solid waste landfill closure projects.
- Responsibilities included site activities documentation for compliance with state permit requirements.
- Geological and hydro geological site characterization for water supply projects including production and monitoring wells permitting and construction.
- Certified Professional Geologist (PG), Lic. No. 032-GP
- Adult CPR and Standard First Aid, American Red Cross.
- Quality Assurance Procedures in Environmental Investigations.
- 8-hour Supervisor Course for Hazardous Waste Operations as required by OSHA 29 CFR1910.120.
- 40-hour Health and Safety Course for Hazardous Waste Operations as required by OSHA29 CFR 1910.120.
- Geological Society of America
- Geological Society of Puerto Rico
- Undergraduate Research, Infrastructure development and coastal erosion, University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus.