Philosophy & Mission
– Ricardo Alvarez
– Hermes Chacón
– Victor R. Silva
Ricardo N. Alvarez, PE, REM
President and General Manager of Operations.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Texas – Austin, Texas, 1981
- Post-Graduate courses in Environmental Engineering Management. The Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico, 1998
- Ten (10) years of experience in construction management. Some of the completed constructions projects were Water Treatments Plants, Waste Water Treatment Plants, Office & Warehouse Buildings, Hospitals, Manufacturing Plants and Government Facilities.
- Eng. Alvarez is a registered professional engineer with over fifteen years of experience in environmental management and remediation projects.
- Eng. Alvarez has a vast professional experience in the areas of Site Investigations and Assessments (Phase I & II), Soil and Groundwater Remediation, On-Site Screening, Sampling, Remedial investigations, Underground Storage Tank Closures, Reports writing and reviewing, Risk Assessments, and Site Closures Certifications with the Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board and US EPA . Well versed knowledgeable of federal and local environmental regulations. Specialist in on-site clean up of polluted and/or affected areas. Have successfully completed over eighty (80) bioremediation projects.
- Eng. Alvarez is skilled in personnel management. He manages personnel, equipment, materials specified under contracts so that all items are available at any location within the response time limits specified in the contract. Ensure that trained, qualified personnel are provided for response activities, providing adequate resources to perform the site investigation and clean up activities.
- His experience includes the development and management of a comprehensive program safety plan to protect all site investigation and clean up personnel, including both prime and subcontractors in contaminated and uncontaminated areas; develop, implement and manage a quality assurance program.
- Eng. Alvarez’s project management experience includes planning, scooping projects; maintain a response-by-response accounting of all costs incurred in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; developing budgets and schedules, and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Professional Engineer License from the Puerto Rico Board of Engineers, Architects and Land Surveyors since 1983, License No. 9078
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM) from the National Registry of Environmental Professionals since 1995, License 7982
- Member of AEHS, Association of Environmental Health of Soils
- National Groundwater Association seminar on Natural Attenuation, Risk Assessment, and Risk-Based Corrective Action, San Diego, California
- US Corps of Engineers Training Course Construction Quality Management for Contractors
- US EPA Seminar on Bioremediation of Hazardous Waste Sites: Practical Approaches to Implementation
- Battelle In-Situ and On-Site Bioremediation Symposium
- OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operation and Emergency Response
- Proponent in the AEHS’s International Conference on Contaminated Soils, Sediments and Water.